Top End Half Day Tours
DARWIN, KATHERINE AND KAKADU AREA
Darwin City Sights
Join a city sights tour for the perfect introduction to Darwin, with expert commentary by a local guide. See the lush Botanic Gardens and the Chinese Temple, which was re-built after it was totally demolished by Cyclone Tracy in 1974. Tour the historic sites of the city including the East Point Military Precinct. See the Stokes Hill Wharf area and the Mooring Basin. There is also time available to explore the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory, whose collections encompass Aboriginal art, visual arts and Northern Territory history and natural sciences.
- $59 Adult, $30 Child (under 15 yrs)
- Half day, Wed, Fri, Sun (April) daily May to Oct, 12.45pm, AAT Kings
Cape Adieu Sunset Dinner Cruise, Darwin
Relax and enjoy a magnificent Darwin sunset cruise on MV Cape Adieu. Surveyed for 50 guests over 3 spacious decks, you can be assured of seated dining comfort and personalised friendly service. BYO and fully licensed, choose the cruising experience that best suits your taste and budget. The sunset dinner cruise includes a delicious chef prepared 4 course banquet comprising a selection of the Territory’s freshest wild caught seafood, scotch fillet steaks and fresh salads.
- $115 Adult, $105 Concession, $65 Child (4-12yrs) Sunset Dinner
- $72 Adult, $72 Concession, $50 Child (4-12yrs) Territory Prawn Platter
- $55 Adult, $55 Concession, $30 Child (4-12yrs) Cruise Only
- 3hrs, daily 5pm, Apr to Nov , Cape Adieu Harbour Cruises
Ultimate Tour, Darwin
The Ultimate Tour is an action packed half day adventure designed to show the Northern Territory at its best. Suitable for everyone, ‘The Ultimate Tour’ kicks off with a floatplane flight and spectacular landing on the waters of Sweet’s Lagoon. It’s here where your once in a lifetime adventure unfolds with an exhilarating airboat fast lap, scenic helicopter flight over Finniss floodplains and BBQ breakfast or lunch. Be sure to bring your cameras to capture all the excitement with the airboat, chopper and resident crocs.
- $695.00 Adult, $645 Child (4-12yrs)
- 5hrs, Fri to Mon 6.30am, 9.00am & 12.30pm, Outback Floatplane Adventures
Yellow Water Cruise, Kakadu
The Yellow Water cruise is a discovery cruise through Kakadu’s most famous wetland Yellow Water Billabong located at the end of Jim Jim Creek, a tributary of the South Alligator River. Cruises operate up to six times per day with the sunrise and sunset cruises being the most popular.
- $103 Adult, $79 Child (5-15yrs) 2hrs (6.45am tour)
- $94 Adult, $70 Child (5-15yrs), 2hrs (9am & 4.30pm)
- $77 Adult, $57 Child (5-15yrs), 1.5hrs (11.30am & 1.15pm)
- Daily May to Oct, Kakadu Lodge Cooinda
Kakadu Scenic Flight, Kakadu
Only from an aircraft can you appreciate the size, and in a glance the diversity of the Kakadu landscape.It’s as old as 1.6 billion years with its old eroded sandstone plateau and outliers, yet within metres ofthe 6 to 8 thousand year old flood plains. View the Archway, Arnhem Land Escarpments, East Alligator Valley, Mikinj Valley Billabongs and Magela Wetlands.
- $150 Adult, $120 Child (under 14yrs)
- 30mins, daily, Kakadu Air
Nabilil Dreaming Sunset Dinner Cruise, Katherine
Sit back and relax as the tranquil surroundings transport you into a spiritual world of Jawoyn culture and history. Learn more about the spirit, history and culture of the Jawoyn people as you cruise along the first 2 tranquil gorges. Discover the music, stories and ways of the Jawoyn as the sunsets and the beauty of the gorge intensifies. Experience the spectacular beauty of the Gorge by candlelight whilst enjoying a delicious Australian cuisine three course meal.
- $178 Adult, $128Child (6-15yrs)
- 3½hrs, daily 4.30pm May to Oct, Nitmiluk Tours