3 Day 4WD Uluru, Kata Tjuta & Kings Canyon Eco Experience, Alice Springs
Day 1 (Dinner)
Departing Alice Springs at 2pm, we leave the tar and hit the dirt travelling directly to Kings Canyon via the four wheel drive Ernst Giles Road, visiting varying sights along the way. On arrival at Kings Canyon Resort, check in to your 4 star hotel room and, time permitting, we will enjoy a sparkling wine with a selection of canapés whilst watching the amazing sunset on Carmichael Crag at the western end of Kings Canyon. Tonight, enjoy a sumptuous dinner at the Resort’s restaurant.
- Mereenie Loop Road • Kings Canyon Sunset
Overnight – Kings Canyon Resort
Day 2 (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Following breakfast we take a short drive to Kings Canyon for an early guided walk. The Rim Walk is botanically and spiritually rich, combined with astounding scenery such as the buttressed domes that surround the Amphitheatre, the Lost City and Garden of Eden. The walk takes approximately 3 hours requiring a good fitness level and for those wanting a softer option, there is the shorter and easier Kings Creek walk leading into the centre of the Canyon.
Following the walk we make our way to Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, stopping at Willonga Well for lunch under the shade of mighty Desert Oaks with perhaps a glass or two of wine. On arrival at the
National Park, it’s a good time to stretch the legs at Kata Tjuta with the Walpa Gorge ‘Windy Gully’ walk, suitable for most fitness levels. Returning to the hotel, there’s time to prepare for the evening activities and for those partaking the Sounds of Silence Dinner (additional expense), you’ll be picked up from the hotel while the rest of us find a remote location to observe the famous changing colours of Uluru and Kata Tjuta at sunset, accompanied with canapés and wine or cool refreshments. After sunset we return to the hotel for a beautiful 3 course dinner and chat about the day’s events.
- Kings Canyon • Kata Tjuta • Uluru Sunset • Optional Sounds of Silence
Overnight – Desert Garden Hotel
Day 3 (Breakfast / Lunch†)
We depart the Resort under darkness to a remote location to witness sunrise over the mighty monolith of Uluru and the domes of Kata Tjuta. Guests electing to climb Uluru will be given a breakfast box and taken directly to the base to commence their 2 – 2.5 hour climb (weather permitting) while those not climbing will return to the hotel for breakfast. Anangu discourage people from climbing Uluru.
We will rendezvous with guests that climbed Uluru to experience the wonderful walks around the base, learning of the creation myths and fascinating geology of Uluru.
For those departing from the Ayers Rock Airport / Resort, your guide will deliver you by 12.30pm and for those returning to Alice Springs, we commence our journey back, stopping at Curtin Springs Station for a typical Aussie BBQ lunch. We will return you to your hotel at approximately 5.30pm after three days of stunning beauty and adventure.
- Sunrise Uluru • Uluru Base walk or climb
Tour Price Includes:
Professional guide, sightseeing, travel in modern air-conditioned 4WD vehicle, all meals (as listed on itineraries), all snacks and wine with lunches, restaurant breakfasts (buffet) and dinners and a mixture of picnic and restaurant lunches. Hotel accommodation (standard and deluxe available), and park entry fee.
What you need to bring:
Wide brimmed hat, sunscreen, walking shoes/boots, toiletries, swim wear, towel, camera, comfortable and casual clothing for 3 days.
- Itinerary may change due to cultural reasons, seasonal changes, operational logistics and accessibility.
- † Lunch included on day 3 for guests returning to Alice Springs. No discount applicable to guests departing Safari at Uluru.
- One child permitted in existing bedding in Standard room, two children are permitted in existing bedding in deluxe room. Child rate is common rated for standard or deluxe room types.
- Please call our Reservations Team (1300 551 510) at least 48 hours prior to departure to confirm pick-up location and time.
- Not suitable for children under 5 years. Children must be a minimum of 10 years to participate in Sounds of Silence option.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory and evidence of cover is required to be sighted on morning of departure.